Friday, May 8, 2009

Fabulous Fruit Pizza Fun Day!!!

They made a peace sign with their blueberries.










I love these girls! Thias is from Brazil!





I just uploaded this picture and realized that this student is sporting a sharp knife ....ooops- I promise he was using it for fruit and not some sort of gang activity.
So- we made fruit pizza today! It is a fun and easy lab. My kids did tell me that it was too sweet and that it wasn't their favorite. I guess something that tastes like heaven isn't good enough for them. :) Who doesn't want huge slab of sugar cookie smothered in cream cheese/marshmallow cream?? They were really cracking me up today. One boy came and complained that someone stole his piece of gum and I told him that it sounded like a personal problem- not my problem. Then he proceeded to tell me " it's hard to find gum these days lady." I guess the economy is affecting his 14 year old life in a rough way. I was like- seriously?? Yes- that is my first period class. I do love them. :)
I have mentioned that I love my job- and I really really do. I love these kids! They really bring such joy to my life every day. I know this is where God wants me for now. I am so thankful for a rewarding job even on the really hard days. (like yesterday when one of my students hit another one in the face in class)






1 comment:

kelly said...

that's hysterical! you're going to be so glad that you've written down these funny stories one day. & i love the pic before you went to "rent" - cute :)