We had just exchanged gifts. I am telling you- they laugh constantly!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
We had just exchanged gifts. I am telling you- they laugh constantly!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
http://darrahgooden.blogspot.com/ Definitely check it out! We have been friends for as long as I can remember and she has walked with me through some really rough times in my life. She also lived with me for 4 years and tolerated my cat Daily who may have had some ill feelings towards Darrah. Thanks Darrah for sticking it out!
Ok....I am supposed to tell you the rules...
1. link the tagger and post the rules
2. post 7 random facts about yourself
3. tag 7 friends and link to them
4. let them know they have been tagged by leaving a nice little message on their blog
I am really random so here goes!
1. I love peanut butter more than anything in the world. I eat it straight out of the jar and I can sit and eat half a jar in one sitting. Peter Pan creamy is my favorite. I love anything with peanut butter in it. Peanut Butter M&M's are my first choice of candy. I used to mix peanut butter and chocolate chips and melt them in the microwave. SO good! Darrah and I made up some weird concoctions when we were roommates with peanut butter, cookie dough, marshmallow creme and chocolate chips.
2. When I was little I collected moss. Yes, I said moss. I am not sure why. I would dig it up and hide it on the roof of the house. I guess I thought it was rare?
3. I am a super hypo chondriach - I always think I have a disease or illness. I am addicted to researching my symptoms on the Internet. Yesterday I thought I had iron- deficiency anemia. I still think I might. If I take a prescription drug...like Zyrtec for example (which I just started for allergies) I somehow get every side effect it lists on the package. All of a sudden I get dry mouth, something swells up, I am nauseous, I have random pain, and I could experience burred vision. It is kind of funny but then kind of not I guess.
4. I am super emotional. I am a huge empathizer. I cry at commercials and just about anything. I also hate seeing homeless animals on the street- I always want to stop the car and rescue them. I actually have done it a few times and once I ended up with this huge old dog in my car slobbering all over the seats. I found his home finally after making some calls. Case closed. One dog saved. :)
5. I am not sure if this is a random fact but I feel like I need to put it out there....confess. I have been talking about "portion sizes" this week in class and how American's just eat too much. The portion sized served at restaurants are just too big- like 3x too big! I talked about "super sizing" and how horrible it is. Ok- so - last night at the Whataburger drive through I got a cheeseburger, fries and then....I "what a sized" it. I know- I am such a hypocrite. I felt like I needed to tell someone other than my students because then everything else I have ever taught them would be a lie. Whataburger has such good fries and I just gave in. Have you had one of their burgers? It is amazing. Their fries are good too- at least the bucket I ate last night was.
6. I used to work at a church nursery when I was 15. I got fired because I talked to much to my friends who would come and visit and not watch the kids. How sad is that. I hope those kids turned out ok.
7. Ok, last one. I think this is pretty random. I love working with high school kids. Not always because some are really disrespectful and that makes me sad, but most of the time I do. I love the stories they have and the things they say. They always find a way to make me laugh. They ask the funniest questions that I would not ever think of myself! They are so honest it is scary sometimes and don't have any problems telling me what they think of my outfit that day. I just have to take it with a grain of salt because I was their age once and I probably did the same thing.
That is me! Have a great day!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Ok. Ok. It has been way too long. I wanted to post something...so I decided to post the recent pic of the Haney family at Thanksgiving. His grandmother is 95 years old and an amazing woman. She is sharp as a tac! We love her and were so glad to spend some time with her during the holiday.
We also went to my parent's in Tyler but no pictures. I wish we would have. I do love my family and holiday's at the Hudgins are always interesting. Patrick and I braved the crowds on Friday and went to the Tyler Walmart and Target and of course I had to stop at Marshalls, and of course buy a purse. I love Marshalls. It is so fun to go and see what you can find! I almost bought a dress at Walmart but Patrick said I had 3 more just like it. He was right. I don't know what my facination with black dresses are. I put it back which was a huge victory! Yay for self control.
Our bed frame, who was graciously given to us by my aunt and uncle, has been experiencing technical difficulties lately. Two weeks ago we went and bought a new bed but it won't be delivered until around December 10th. Our backs started hurting so we quit sleeping on our old bed and have been sleeping on the aerobed until our new bed comes in. It has been kinda fun. Like a sleepover- except we are married and not 10 years old. Aerobeds are awesome. We love ours. We pick it up everyday and put it against the wall in the dining room just in case you were wondering if we just left it there. Sometimes I wish we did so I could lay around on it and watch TV but that would be just too down right lazy. We have to keep our dignity! :)
I am not sure if anyone reads this but I promise I am going to post more often. Promise!!!!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Something else you may not know: I am not a vegetarian, I am an avid meat eater and connoisseur.
A few weeks ago was the first meeting I was able to attend here at school. The vice president, Travis, made tofu enchiladas and vegetarian rice krispy teats. They were really good! Kudos to Travis for making the enchiladas- he did a great job!
The president and vp Kelsey and Travis. Veggie lovers and proud of it.
We are having another meeting today afterschool and I was supposed to have it announced during our 2nd peroid annoucements. I totally forgot so when the announcements came on I called the office in a frenzy and said "please announce the vegetarian club has a meeting in my room!!!" Somehow things got jumbled up in the process so when the announced it a few seconds later they said " vegetation club" instead. (I guess that would be a club for plants??) I guess it is about the same thing. Vegetation means plants doesn't it?? Vegetarians eat alot of plants....I guess. Anyway....I am sorry Travis. I will remember next time.
Friday, October 10, 2008
It was bad y'all. Just plain BAD.
So, thank you V for all of the therapy over the years! You are always the voice of calm when I need it. I promise to never pelt you with the hose again.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Sunday, September 21, 2008
No, this isn't going to be our Christmas card. I would do it but Patrick would be mortified. :)
(of course I would put a santa hat on Maggie and wrap lights around her to make it more festive but whatever...)