Thursday, December 4, 2008

7 random facts about me!!!

Hi everyone! One of my bestest friends Darrah tagged me! She is an amazing artist and an amazing friend. Her website is.....

http://darrahgooden.blogspot.com/ Definitely check it out! We have been friends for as long as I can remember and she has walked with me through some really rough times in my life. She also lived with me for 4 years and tolerated my cat Daily who may have had some ill feelings towards Darrah. Thanks Darrah for sticking it out!



Ok....I am supposed to tell you the rules...

1. link the tagger and post the rules
2. post 7 random facts about yourself
3. tag 7 friends and link to them
4. let them know they have been tagged by leaving a nice little message on their blog



I am really random so here goes!



1. I love peanut butter more than anything in the world. I eat it straight out of the jar and I can sit and eat half a jar in one sitting. Peter Pan creamy is my favorite. I love anything with peanut butter in it. Peanut Butter M&M's are my first choice of candy. I used to mix peanut butter and chocolate chips and melt them in the microwave. SO good! Darrah and I made up some weird concoctions when we were roommates with peanut butter, cookie dough, marshmallow creme and chocolate chips.

2. When I was little I collected moss. Yes, I said moss. I am not sure why. I would dig it up and hide it on the roof of the house. I guess I thought it was rare?

3. I am a super hypo chondriach - I always think I have a disease or illness. I am addicted to researching my symptoms on the Internet. Yesterday I thought I had iron- deficiency anemia. I still think I might. If I take a prescription drug...like Zyrtec for example (which I just started for allergies) I somehow get every side effect it lists on the package. All of a sudden I get dry mouth, something swells up, I am nauseous, I have random pain, and I could experience burred vision. It is kind of funny but then kind of not I guess.

4. I am super emotional. I am a huge empathizer. I cry at commercials and just about anything. I also hate seeing homeless animals on the street- I always want to stop the car and rescue them. I actually have done it a few times and once I ended up with this huge old dog in my car slobbering all over the seats. I found his home finally after making some calls. Case closed. One dog saved. :)

5. I am not sure if this is a random fact but I feel like I need to put it out there....confess. I have been talking about "portion sizes" this week in class and how American's just eat too much. The portion sized served at restaurants are just too big- like 3x too big! I talked about "super sizing" and how horrible it is. Ok- so - last night at the Whataburger drive through I got a cheeseburger, fries and then....I "what a sized" it. I know- I am such a hypocrite. I felt like I needed to tell someone other than my students because then everything else I have ever taught them would be a lie. Whataburger has such good fries and I just gave in. Have you had one of their burgers? It is amazing. Their fries are good too- at least the bucket I ate last night was.

6. I used to work at a church nursery when I was 15. I got fired because I talked to much to my friends who would come and visit and not watch the kids. How sad is that. I hope those kids turned out ok.

7. Ok, last one. I think this is pretty random. I love working with high school kids. Not always because some are really disrespectful and that makes me sad, but most of the time I do. I love the stories they have and the things they say. They always find a way to make me laugh. They ask the funniest questions that I would not ever think of myself! They are so honest it is scary sometimes and don't have any problems telling me what they think of my outfit that day. I just have to take it with a grain of salt because I was their age once and I probably did the same thing.

That is me! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Jeremy and Melissa said...

Jen, I am cracking up! I did not know about #6. Good thing you're not watching Jackson. :)

Katrina said...

What A sized it...you crack me up.