Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Flinstone for a day....

A month or so ago Patrick and I were honored to be asked to become "Fred Flinstone" and dance with the drill team in the pep rally. This was a big deal for me because it opened an old wound....I did not make drill team in high school because I have the coordination of a stick....I had to suck it up and go out there and be the best "Scarlet Sweetheart" I could be. Ok guys....all of the fear came back to me as I waited for the first 8 count and immediately forgot all the moves I had learned. (which is what happened in Drill Team tryouts 95...."tear") I managed to watch the person in front of me and tried not to embarrass Tiarra who asked me to be her partner. Sadly- Patrick did well and memorized most of the moves. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.


This is Tiarra. I just LOVE her. She always tells me "Stay real Mrs. Haney." --And I really try to stay real.


Not the best look for us. My club was dented. It looks like I have been beating Patrick with it. No one will ever know I guess....
Just kidding- it was dented when I got it.

5 comments:

darrah said...

there is too much funniness to comment on within these three posts. i wish i could have seen your flintstone moves in person. i just had flashbacks to "love shack" in back in '93.

Jen Haney said...

i was on the back row in "love shack". Thanks for bringing that up Darrah.

ha ha! remember how ugly our outfits were!

robin said...

nice. i have similar bad memories of junior high cheerleader tryouts. i feel you girl. keep keeping it real.

Katrina said...

I cannot stop laughing. You are such a good writer!

Steph said...

I love it. How cute that you two did that. I bet you did great!! I miss you friend and had a dream about you the other night...been on my mind. I would love to see you and Connie! We missed our "every school break" get together. I am so sorry I didn't call you with that doctors name! I am a loser! Please forgive. Miss you and love you. I would love to see you! Tell Connie I said hi!!!