Sunday, September 21, 2008

Maggie has arrived!!

Finally, on Friday afternoon I was able to go pick up Maggie from the animal rescue shelter. All her friends had been adopted and she was the only one left! I am so thankful that no one decided to adopt her because it took Patrick and I two weeks to get everything worked out with our land lords. I had picked her out two weeks ago because she was so sweet and had been abandoned by her owner. She has been really shy the past few days but when you finally get her to come out from under the couch she is SO sweet and cuddly. Today she came out by herself and decided that she was feeling a little braver and tried to drink our coffee, eat our cereal and last but not least.....tried to slide down our new curtains with her claws. Awesome! She really has been alot of fun. Thanks Patrick for a wonderful one year anniversary present!


No, this isn't going to be our Christmas card. I would do it but Patrick would be mortified. :)
(of course I would put a santa hat on Maggie and wrap lights around her to make it more festive but whatever...)


yes, that is my husband acting like another cat on my shoulder.....



This was her first day home. She hid behind the litter box for an hour.

5 comments:

kelly said...

yaaaaaaay for maggie! she's so cute, jen! i'm so happy for the haney family :)

darrah said...

"yes, that is my husband acting like another cat on my shoulder....."

i laughed out loud when i read that!

Jen Haney said...

thanks D....I can always count on you to laugh at my comments...

Christy said...

yay Jen for the precious cat! i hope that you are enjoying your new family member. i am glad everything worked out for getting the cat.

The Suzinator said...

LOVE Maggie! She is so pretty...I laughed so hard when I saw the pic of Patrick acting like another cat on your shoulder :)