Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First Anniversary and Freezer Burn Cake!

Hi Guys! Yes- we made it a year! Yay! I felt really excited yesterday when we celebrated being married for a year. Our first year of marriage has really challenged me to work on issues I really didn't know I had- and for that I am thankful. I am also thankful for my husband who is always quick to forgive and move on. (I am still working on that one....) I could write a novel on what I have learned this year- and maybe I will someday....but for now I am happy to say that we made it through year one and are so excited to start year two. I can't imagine what God has in store to teach me this year but I know it will be "to prosper and not to harm".

We exchanged gifts last night and I am sure I acted like a 5 year old on christmas morning when I got mine. I have been asking Patrick for a kitten for a year now and last night when I opened my gift it was filled with mice, (stuffed of course) cat toys and cat food. I looked at Patrick and said "Does this mean what I think it means??!!" He had been keeping it a secret from me - which is really hard to do. We are going to pick one out at a shelter as soon as we can.

We also ate our way gross freezer burned wedding cake. Don't get me wrong....a year ago that cake was the best cake I have ever eaten but I guess a year sitting in a freezer didn't sit well with our creme' brule cake topper. The real flowers were still sitting on top of the cake - we ate a few bites and then mutually agreed to toss it.

So- I inclued a few pictures of my fun gift and our not so fun cake....enjoy!!!









1 comment:

kelly said...

yaaaaaay! happy 1st anniversary, haneys!!! & another cat??? phane must really love you :)!!!!