Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tofu and my new friends

Something you may not know about me: I am the sponsor of the Veggie 411 club. (A.K.A. the vegetarian awareness club.)

Something else you may not know: I am not a vegetarian, I am an avid meat eater and connoisseur.


A few weeks ago was the first meeting I was able to attend here at school. The vice president, Travis, made tofu enchiladas and vegetarian rice krispy teats. They were really good! Kudos to Travis for making the enchiladas- he did a great job!






The president and vp Kelsey and Travis. Veggie lovers and proud of it.




We are having another meeting today afterschool and I was supposed to have it announced during our 2nd peroid annoucements. I totally forgot so when the announcements came on I called the office in a frenzy and said "please announce the vegetarian club has a meeting in my room!!!" Somehow things got jumbled up in the process so when the announced it a few seconds later they said " vegetation club" instead. (I guess that would be a club for plants??) I guess it is about the same thing. Vegetation means plants doesn't it?? Vegetarians eat alot of plants....I guess. Anyway....I am sorry Travis. I will remember next time.
Meanwhile, I just made a frozen vegetable medly for lunch so I could feel a little healthy today. (the three pieces of stuffed crust three meat pizza and the oreo cakester that I scarfed down last night left me feeling guilty this morning) The vegetables, I could barely get them down. Yuck. I apologize Veggie 411 club if you are reading this - I just couldn't do it. I commend you though. You are some good people and I am proud to be your sponsor.
I did manage to find some ham that a student didn't want from their lunch. Whew. I was saved.

2 comments:

The Suzinator said...

That is so funny! All of what you wrote :)...

P.S.-- My mom has the same blog background :)

darrah said...

you really are funny! and that is one of the reasons why i tagged you. yep, i tagged you. you can read my blog to see what that means.

this isn't spam. it's really me, darrah.

(don't feel like you have to do it...)